Supervisor Kate Murray, and the Town of Hempstead Department of Parks and Recreation, in conjunction with Lido Golf Club (Double Eagle Golf, Inc.), is proud to host the 7th Annual Supervisor’s Cup Golf Classic, exclusively for the enjoyment of Hempstead Town residents. Golfers, to be selected by lottery, will receive 18 holes of tournament golf, a bucket of balls for the driving range, continental breakfast, 19th hole barbeque, motorized golf cart, on-course refreshments, goody bag, awards and photographs. During the round of golf, there will be contests for "Four Player Scramble," "Closest to the Pin," "Most Accurate Drive" and "Longest Drive." A handsome "Supervisor's Cup" trophy will be presented to the winning foursome. This tournament is open to Town of Hempstead residents only. For more information, please call (516) 292-9000, ext. 7245 or 7266.
Location: Lido Golf Club, 255 Lido Blvd., Lido Beach
Golf Date: Wednesday, October 15, 2014. Rain Date - Wednesday, October 22, 2014.
Public Lottery: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 at 10 AM.
• Entry fee: $15 per player (18 years of age and older) – Limited to 144 Town of Hempstead residents with 20 alternates.
• Town of Hempstead employees, their spouses and children are excluded from this event.
• Completed applications must be returned in person, postmarked or faxed before midnight, September 17, 2014 to: Supervisor’s Cup, Town of Hempstead Department of Parks and Recreation, 200 North Franklin Street, Hempstead, NY 11550. Fax number (516) 292-6024. PLEASE NOTE: YOUR NAME CANNOT APPEAR ON MORE THAN ONE APPLICATION. DO NOT SEND CHECK WITH COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM.
• A public lottery to pick the golfers in addition to 20 alternates will be held at Merrick Road Park Golf Course Clubhouse, 2550 Clubhouse Road, Merrick on September 23, 2014 at 10:00 AM.
• Winners’ names will be posted at Merrick and Lido Golf Courses and on the Town’s website. Winners will also be notified by phone and e-mail.
• Players will be required to submit a payment of $15 within five days of notification to the Town of Hempstead Department of Parks and Recreation at 200 North Franklin Street, Hempstead. Entry fee is payable by check or money order made out to the “Town of Hempstead”.
• PROPER PHOTO IDENTIFICATION MANDATORY AT CHECK IN!
• Alternates will be utilized to replace early withdrawals and no shows on day of event.
• Residents may register by single, twosome, threesome or foursome.
8:00 to 9:30 a.m. ARRIVAL - All participants are to arrive at main clubhouse entrance for check in and bag tags. Photo identification required.
8:00 to 9:30 a.m. DRIVING RANGE PRACTICE - Bucket of balls included.
8:00 to 9:45 a.m. CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST.
9:00 a.m. OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT PHOTOS WITH EACH FOURSOME
9:45 a.m. STAGING AREA - All participants report to the PUTTING GREEN for tournament announcements.
10:00 a.m. SHOTGUN START.
3:00 to 5:00 p.m. END OF ROUND BARBEQUE AND AWARDS.
FOUR PLAYER SCRAMBLE
MENS AND LADIES CLOSEST TO THE PIN
MENS AND LADIES MOST ACCURATE DRIVE
MENS AND LADIES LONG DRIVE