Our veterans courageously served in the United States Armed Forces to defend this country, and now the Town of Hempstead is seeking to return the favor for our men and women in uniform. Supervisor Kate Murray is proud to announce that the town’s Veterans Services Counselor, Rick Gales, will be visiting local senior centers in the coming weeks to educate veterans on important information, services and benefits available to them. Mr. Gales also helps residents to complete and file applications for veterans benefits. His services can benefit surviving spouses and children of veterans as well.
“The Town of Hempstead is proud to provide the services of our Veterans Service Counselor at local senior centers,” stated Murray. “Rick Gales is a National Service Officer with the Military Order of the Purple Heart, a Past Commander of the Nassau County Veterans of Foreign Wars and a member of the town’s Veterans Advisory Committee. We are confident that Mr. Gales will be of great assistance to his fellow veterans.
Rick Gales will be at the following senior centers from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.:
Tuesday, April 9 – Franklin Square Senior Center (1182 Martha Place, Franklin Square)
- Thursday, April 11 – Green Acres Senior Center (400 Flower Road, Valley Stream)
- Tuesday, April 16 – Levittown Senior Center (555 North Newbridge Road, Levittown)
- Thursday, April 18 - Baldwin Senior Center (1810 North Grand Avenue, Baldwin)
- Tuesday, April 23 – Merrick Senior Center (2550 Clubhouse Road, Merrick)
- Thursday, April 25 – Uniondale-Hempstead Senior Center (840 Uniondale Avenue, Uniondale)
- Tuesday, April 30 – East Meadow Senior Center (1485 Front Street, East Meadow)
- Friday, May 3 – Rosa Parks Senior Center (2 Babylon Turnpike, Roosevelt)
- Tuesday, May 7 – Wantagh Senior Center (1150 Seamans Neck Road, Wantagh)
- Thursday, May 9 – Cedarhurst Senior Center (Village Hall, 200 Cedarhurst Avenue, Cedarhurst)
For residents who cannot attend on one of the above dates, Rick Gales is also stationed at the town’s Veterans Information Booth from 9 a.m. to 4:45 p.m., Monday through Friday at Hempstead Town Hall (1 Washington Street, Hempstead). No appointment is necessary, but residents are urged to call (516) 812-3506 in advance.
“I encourage all veterans to stop by a senior center near them and meet with the Town of Hempstead’s Veterans Service Counselor,” concluded Murray. “Here at Town Hall, this is one way we’re saying ‘Thank You’ to those who have served our great country.”